Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Activities

Well, today has been a very busy, but very good day!

Violet slept all night long for us. When she woke up she was in a good mood. She surprised me at breakfast. Roger had brought me a plate with some pancakes on it and congee (rice-type hot cereal) for Violet. The congee was too hot for her to eat right away so I cut up some pancakes on a plate for her. I sat the spoon down on the highchair and she picked it up and started eating it right away. She is very good at handling her spoon. She ate pancakes, toast, ham and congee for breakfast. But she didn't care for the hashbrowns.

After breakfast we quickly got everything together and met up with our guide in the lobby. This morning we visited the bank (thankfully I got all the travelers cheques with my signature on them cashed as it was a huge hassle – now Roger can handle the rest of them when we need to exchange money). Then we went and signed official paperwork to adopt Violet. Then we stopped at the passport office – our guide took the paperwork in and we all stayed in the van. Then on to the notary's office. Then we went to Wal-mart. Yes, China has a Wal-mart! There were three floors and we did most of our shopping on the third floor as it was where the baby department was. We also got some bottled water and snack food.

Then when we got back to the hotel I fed Violet some applesauce – which she loved. Roger went with Ray to get takeout at the Chinese restaurant nearby. After we ate we all laid down on the king size bed and had a nap…a long nap. Which means I missed the opportunity for getting this posted before my sister heads out for work for the day.

Violet and Daddy had some bonding time at the bank (we were there a long time) While I was signing 60 travelers cheques Roger gave Violet our ticket (what you take when you are waiting in line to show your number) and they played with it. She held that in her hand the whole time. And then for most of the morning until we got back to the hotel. So sweet.

She's warming up to Roger and Tori and even sat on Tori's knee several times today.

The hotel that we are staying at is beautiful. But Tori is a little bummed that the only swimming pool is outside and not in commission yet for the season. Oh, well…we know there is a pool at the hotel in Beijing.

It is warm here and very muggy. In fact one building we went in today had condensation forming on the glass doors and the marble floor was slick because of the moisture.

I'm hoping for a better sleep tonight…for me! Roger is getting ready to order room service since I am wiped and sore from not getting a good position for our family nap. :D Next time mommy and Violet get first dibs on the location.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness-if I didn't already adore this little angel, that smirk would have done it for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Someday Mom

As a girl I had a common dream, to be a mom someday.

My baby would have eyes of blue and hair the hue of hay.

But now my dreams have been transformed. New visions fill my head.

Now the tresses that I long to stroke are raven black instead.

And in my dreams those eyes are not so big or blue or round.

Now in my dreams they're almond shape and colored cocoa brown.

And in my dream my arms can stretch across enormous seas.

They reach half-way around the world and hold you close to me.

As you grow in your mother's womb, carefully knit together,

Your also growing in my heart, where you will stay forever.

And in my dreams the moment that your mother says good-bye,

I'll be right there to comfort you and hold you as you cry.

Our features may not look alike; we're different as can be.

But still I know the Father has created you for me.

And though I've not yet seen your face, or held your tiny hands,

And though we're half a world apart in very different lands.

I'll be right there to get you just as soon as God allows.

But til he says the time is right I give to you this vow.

I'll pray for your protection every night on bended knee

for God will hold you in his arms, until you're home with me!